To participate in the PG&E ESA CAM program, properties must meet the following qualifications:
- Located in PG&E territory
- Existing multifamily building
- 5+ attached units
- Low or high rise
- Deed-restricted property
- Income eligibility
- Minimum 2/3 of residents meet ESA income requirements: 200% of federal poverty level
- Participate in ESA in-unit offering
Funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis. If your project is interested in participating, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Please submit an interest form to get started.
The full extent and duration of COVID-19 impacts to the construction industry are still unknown. As a result, PG&E has amended the October 1, 2020 construction deadline for ESA CAM. The new deadlines are as follows:
- December 31, 2020: Revised construction deadline for projects with incentive reservation on or before March 1, 2020
- July 1, 2021: Revised construction deadline for projects with incentive reservation on or after March 2, 2020
All projects with incentive reservations that may require an extension must work directly with their ESA CAM Case Manager to revise the construction deadline outlined in the Project Approval Letter.
Projects that have not yet received a Project Approval Letter will work with their Case Manager to build a construction timeline once their ESA CAM scope of work has been approved.