To participate in the PG&E ESA CAM program, properties must meet the following qualifications:
- Located in PG&E territory
- Existing multifamily building
- 5+ attached units
- Low or high rise
- Deed-restricted property
- Income eligibility
- Minimum 2/3 of residents meet ESA income requirements: 200% of federal poverty level
- Participate in ESA in-unit offering
The ESA CAM offering is available on a first-come, first-serve basis and program funding availability. ESA CAM is operating a bridge period due to the availability of remaining incentive funds. On March 8, 2021, the program began contacting projects from the waitlist to determine if they would like to enroll in the program. If your project is on the waitlist and you do not receive a notification, your project will remain on the waitlist for the next program cycle. There is limited enrollment capacity in the bridge period, and the program will close enrollment once it has reached capacity.
New inquiries in 2021 will be added to the ESA CAM waitlist and will be in line for funding in the next program cycle. Please submit an interest form to find out if your project is a good fit for the program. Program staff will be in touch about next steps to reserve a spot on the waitlist.
Approved energy efficiency upgrades must be completed by the date in the Project Approval Letter or these applicable construction deadline below, whichever come first:
- July 1, 2021: Construction deadline for projects enrolled during the 2017-2020 program cycle.
- March 31, 2022: Construction deadline for projects enrolled during the January 1-June 30, 2021 Bridge Period