Policies and Procedures
The policies and procedures document contains an overview of participation requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to view responses to frequently asked about the program.
The program factsheet provides an overview of the ESA CAM program.
Contractor Episode 1: Doing it Right the First Time – Tips for a Successful Installation with ESA CAM Technical Assistance
During Episode 1, on June 24th, ESA CAM staff provided contractors with an overview of lighting and HVAC installation and permitting best practices that make for a successful ESA CAM project. This information is designed to help project teams can avoid issues that may impact the project’s timeline or delay incentive payment.
PG&E Single Point of Contact Webinar – Multifamily Energy Efficiency Upgrade Programs – April 21, 2022
The PG&E Single Point of Contact (SPOC) hosted a roundtable webinar on multifamily incentive programs for existing buildings on April 21,2022. The webinar covers energy efficiency, renewable, and financing opportunities that can be layered to maximize funding for your building upgrades and retrofits.
- Program Year 2022 Updates Webinar – December 02, 2021
- 2021 Bridge Period Updates Webinar – March 11, 2021
- Program Updates Webinar – June 25, 2020 – (Program Updates Webinar – requirement updates, phased payments, virtual assessments and more)
- Program Webinar – December 10, 2019 – (Program Overview Webinar)
Learn about completed ESA CAM projects in the program case studies.
- Countrywood Apartments: No-cost comprehensive energy upgrades through program layering and advanced technical assistance.
- AARTI Hotel: The AARTI Hotel, a property that houses formerly homeless youth in the Tenderloin District of San Francisco, completed a lighting retrofit with funding from ESA CAM. The property installed new LED lighting and sensors in the community computer room, counseling offices, walkways, and stairwells that will create a brighter and safer environment for residents, while reducing owner utility bill costs by approximately $3,500 per year.
Verification Training Modules
ESA CAM’s new training videos are available to help you successfully complete the verification steps and move your project towards payment.
ESA CAM Sample Verification Package & Checklist
The Sample Verification Package comprises 12 sample files designed to represent a complete ESA CAM verification package. The Sample Verification Package will improve customer clarity on the quality and completeness of documentation and further establish program expectations. The numbering of these files align exactly with the Verification Package Checklist for ease of comparison.
The ESA CAM Verification Package Checklist is included in the Sample Verification Package download and is designed to help project teams ensure all documentation is complete and accurate prior to verification package submittal.
The post-benchmarking guide reviews how to maintain your PG&E Benchmarking Portal and ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager accounts.
This library of program specific resources are designed to support project teams in successfully completing an ESA CAM project.
PG&E Multifamily Single Point of Contact (SPOC)
PG&E’s Single Point of Contact Service (SPOC) assists multifamily customers by identifying current program and financing offerings for energy efficiency upgrades and construction. Contact their team at 866-352-7457 or multifamilySPOC@trccompanies.com to learn more.
Other ESA Websites
Southern California Gas, Southern California Edison, and San Diego Gas and Electric have similar programs within their service territories.
Click here to view a list of program websites for other service territories.